Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Red light district at the Boundary Peak Motel

You said to meet you in motel room seven,
but the door’s already open and
red light pours from its weak wood frame.

I wonder what you’ve prepared for me,
perhaps neon lights in the color of love?
Would you stack chocolate boxes in corners,
illuminate mirrors of our tantric sex? I think
once you said you would show me how
they fuck on television, with the lights and the mirrors and the
artificial bits –
But, no,
you aren’t neon colored when I look in your face so

maybe you’ve already slit your wrists and let
blood pool on the floor where the motel maid found you,
searched your pockets for money,
and called the god-damned police with their bright, bright lights that
reflect off the red and emit an
eerie glowing rouge –
tint to a blushing night.

Or is it that you have
prepared some portal to the underworld? Deep cavern where the fires are not fires,
but rather fake glowing coals from the fake glowing fireplace
that your fake glowing mother bought because you cant afford a house with a real one and
she wouldn’t want you to burn your delicate fingertips
on the true thing anyways!

I near that dull, beaten number and
it’s people that I’ve never met on those crisp cold beds,
with their black lights and strobe lights and neon red signs singing,
screaming come in, come in! and you’ll never be in! and
their whores gyrate uselessly, sweaty hips like mounds of
poorly tanned desert and sticky hair already
mussed, fuck-ready, fuck-worthy and fucked.
They don’t hear my head snake round the corner,
nor can they feel the pumping of my heart,
blood as red as their heat but, now,

I am sure one of their sluts with the blue streak that
runs from earlobe to breast hears my mind clink, clank,
whir and then snap into place and
Oh!
You must have said room eleven, for I often don’t listen right and
already down the hall I can feel your scent being uttered
by hot waves of wet air but,
before I leave, she looks, blue streaked mound of desert whore and,
with her eyes like pools of lye –
she knows me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please keep updating..

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home